Thailand Adventures Day #1 | Foody Travels

Hi Everyone! I just returned from a weekend trip from Thailand. It was so much fun filled with FoodyFlair eats which is what I came for. The food scene in Thailand is amazing and I would highly recommend the visit. After you pay for your airfare everything else is very cheap when you arrive. For example 1 USD is 33.5 Baht the Thai currency. Even though the price numbers are high the amount is very low which allowed me to have a culinary field day.


We stayed at the Dusit Thani in Bangkok it was a beautiful hotel with lots of amenities and as soon as we arrived they severed us their local drink. It was a juice made from Hibiscus flowers it was refreshing although way too sweet for me. I would have probably liked if it was a less concentrated version of it. After we had a few sips of our drink it was time for lunch. 



We decided upon Somtum Der since it was close to the hotel and had a variety of local cuisine. The restaurant was for local and tourists and saw a blend of people eating there. We ordered chicken wings, papaya salad with salted egg, stir-fried beef, pork neck, and chicken tom yum soup. 



My favorite was the papaya salad with the salted egg it was spicy with a vinegar taste with an added crunch from the strings of papaya. The papaya is fresh in Thailand and this made the salad sweet and tangy packed with flavor. The salad had tomatoes, string beans, and crushed nuts on top. I would highly recommend this dish if you come to Bangkok. 


I would also recommend the pork neck and chicken wings both were flavorful and tender. I would not order the beef since it was chewy and tasteless. I am still unsure about the tom yum soup because at first there was a sour funk taste which we later discovered was a mixture of lemongrass and ginger but as I kept spooning the soup into my mouth the taste grew on me and the chicken was perfectly moist. After we finished we were so full and tired it was time for a nap!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Chrismukkah Holiday Desserts